Tuesday, October 12, 2010

3-D Can Suck It

So this is my first blog, so why not shake things up a bit? I'll be honest. I HATE 3-D. I don't know about you but when I see a movie that's being released in 3-D I have absolutely no want to see it. I understand that if your going to pay 10 dollars to see a movie in theaters then why not get the full experience and have shit pop out at you? What could be more fun than being completely engulfed in the movie you watching? How about actually having a true 3-D experience for starters.
Fun fact- 3-D is just meant to add depth to the screen and leave you with a "window effect" by that i mean the feeling of you watching the world happen outside your window. Now with that being said, like watching trough your window objects can still be torn at you, and that's where you'll get some of the "pop", buttttt like i was saying that's not what 3-D is about, so if i were you i would start getting over the old school style of pop out 3-D.

Quality is a big thing movie lovers are looking for these days, that full high definition image right? What if i were to tell you that with 3-D in the theaters your actually losing quality. Let me explain... so every picture has a refresh rate (refresh rate is how many pictures are shown per second across the screen which in turn stops blur and gives you a clean moving picture). For movie theaters that refresh rate is 60hz. For your intro flat screen TV it is also 60hz (which honestly isn't all that great). Next level up would be 120hz, which is pretty common now in flat screens. 240hz is where you will find the best looking picture with an LCD LED flat screen. That isn't even the best however. The max out is 600hz which can be found in plasma screens. Now that you know all about your refresh rate (Hz) I can now tell you that ANYTHING 3-D will cut that in half.

Flashback to you at the movie theater watching your 3-D of choice. Keep in mind your looking at the lowest possible refresh rate, and to top it off your watching it in of course 3-D, so go ahead and cut that in half. Your now at 30hz! TERRIBLE! Now everything "popping out" at you is nothing but a blur of colors. Is it still worth it? So much for quality right?

One more reason (as if its even needed) 3-D can suck it is who really wants to pay to have to wear glasses?! Does any one honestly enjoy wearing those? I find them completely uncomfortable. I mean any one that knows me knows I'm suppose to wear glasses, but don't, simply because i don't like wearing them, or any glasses. Why pay 10 dollars to wear something i hate to watch something blurry pop out at me?

So let me ask you, what was your idea of 3-D? Have you been upset by the 3-D quality of a movie because nothing jumped out at you? Whats been the BEST 3-D movie you've seen? I would also like to know if you agree or disagree with me at all.
I know this is a little choppy, and unorganized... I was just too excited to not quickly post something. Feel free to tell me how you really feel about this article, I love your feedback!

1 comment:

  1. 3D will die and then make periodic comebacks. I watch a 3D movie every 10 years or so to remind me why I don't like 3D.... good luck with your blog...

    jl

    ReplyDelete